Away from the shopping malls and street food stalls that crowd our daily lives is the Thailand less travelled.
The Siamese natural world is full of wonders to behold — and one such wonder is the thriving animal kingdom that populates every corner of the Kingdom, from the bowels of Yala to the tip of Chiang Rai.
Huge Asian elephants walk among troves of the tiniest spiders, squirrels and snakes, while the rarest of birds roam the skies (along with the occasional pigeon). If you’re a big cat enthusiast, a twitcher or just an all-round animal appreciator, it’s safe to say that you’ll find paradise in Thailand.
Whether you’re in one of the Kingdom’s 127 national parks, or even just looking out of your office window in Bangkok to the parks below, animals are all around us
To celebrate the diversity and beauty of Thailand’s animal kingdom, we’ve compiled a photo gallery of the most splendid animal photos published on the web.
1. Crab-Eating Macaque in Krabi
2. Black Backed Kingfisher in Kaeng Krachan National Park
3. Crocodiles in Phuket
4. Weevil in Prachuap Khiri Khan
5. Thoong Ngen the Cat in Lom Kao, Phetchabun
6. Bar Backed Partridge in Thailand
7. Asian Elephants in Khao Yai
8. Long-Nosed Whip Snake in Prachuap Khiri Khan
9. Tiger in Kanchanaburi
10. Two-Striped Jumper in Chatuchak Park
11. Cat in Hua Thanon, Surat Thani
12. Dusky Langur in Prachuap Khiri Khan
13. Wild Boar at Kaeng Krachan National Park
14. Rufous-Collared Kingfisher in Thailand
15. Vogel’s Pit Viper in Khao Yai
15. Horned Ghost Crab in Krabi
16. Crocodile in Koh Samui
17. Asian Elephants in Thailand
18. Jump Spider in Prachuap Khiri Khan
19. Tigers in Kanchanaburi
20. Dragonfly in Prachuap Khiri Khan
21. Dhole on a Sambar Deer Kill in Khao Yai