Bangkok — City of Angels.
The capital of Thailand has captured the hearts and imaginations of countless visitors and locals since its founding in 1782, thanks to its heart-pounding sensuality and undeniable character.
It’s a city of contradictions: arguably more so than anywhere else on earth.
The innovative and modern sit alongside the ornate establishment, abject slum poverty is just moments away from the gleaming shopping malls – those Meccas of consumerism – and liberal lifestyles interweave with conservative values and religious ideals.
Bangkok is a crazy city. But it’s unquestionably an incredible one.
1. The skyline is constantly evolving
2. But daily life continues as normal on the streets
3. The relics of the past are everywhere
4. But everyone strives to live in the moment
5. Locals make their living on the streets
6. And also in the huge CBD
7. Bangkok is the city that never sleeps
8. But there’s always moments of quiet to be found
9. Different cultures can make a home here
10. And even practice religion
11. Whatever their faith may be
12. The traffic might be crazy
13. But there’s always alternatives
14. Bangkok is home to creatures great and small
15. Including some pretty scaly ones
16. She’s one of the most colourful cities in the world
17. And also one of the sultriest
18. Incredibly beautiful art…
19. …Complements the grubby realism of the city
20. Everyone has their own story here
21. No matter what side of town they’re on
22. You can always find food in Bangkok,
23. No matter what time of day,
24. Or night
25. Bangkok plays witness to incredible storms
26. But is never washed out by the rain
27. There’s always plenty of life
28. Even in the suburbs
29. The Chao Phraya River really is the River of Kings
30. No matter what angle you look at it from
31. Bangkok inspires men to become Miss Saigon saviours
32. Even though its women don’t need saving
33. The people of Bangkok are the friendliest in the world
34. No matter how old they are
35. It’s easy to escape from Bangkok
36. But you’ll always know when you’re ready to come home
37. Because this city is out of this world
What do you think makes Bangkok so amazing?
Featured image is by Mike Behnken (Creative Commons)